The common purpose of all of the Terasem Movement Foundation’s (TMF) projects is to investigate the Terasem Hypotheses which state that –
(1) a conscious analog of a person may be created by combining sufficiently detailed data about the person (a “mindfile”) using future consciousness software (“mindware”),
(2) that such a conscious analog can be downloaded into a biological or nanotechnological body to provide life experiences comparable to those of a typically birthed human.
We call this event Transferred Consciousness (TC). If even the first part of the two Terasem Hypotheses is shown to be true, the conscious analogs will be independent persons with rights and obligations dependent upon their capabilities.
What’s it like to be a Transbeman?
News and Events
- Mindclones from Social Media: New Research from Stanford Suggests Feasibility (1/20/2015) - One of the more controversial ideas of transhumanism is the notion of mind uploading where the essence of a person, their mind, would be transferred to a computer. A related but less ambitious project is constructing a simulated “second self” or mindclone to continue your personality, work and relationships after death. Or perhaps just to […]
- Computers are Better Judges of Personality Than Friends and Family (1/20/2015) - Computers can judge personality traits far more precisely than ever believed, according to newly published research. In fact, they might do so better than one’s friends and colleagues. The study, published Jan. 12 and conducted jointly by researchers at Stanford University and the University of Cambridge, compares the ability of computers and people to make […]
- This Thanksgiving, give back to your future (11/26/2014) - Leave your great-great-grandchildren something to remember you by with a Lifenaut Biofile. We’ll store your DNA for you* and in lab conditions, so a piece of you will always live on. And maybe someday, you’ll finally be eating turkey in that flying car you wanted. Lifenaut Biofiles are stored as part of the BioFile project. Our BioFile […]