The common purpose of all of the Terasem Movement Foundation’s (TMF) projects is to investigate the Terasem Hypotheses which state that –
(1) a conscious analog of a person may be created by combining sufficiently detailed data about the person (a “mindfile”) using future consciousness software (“mindware”),
(2) that such a conscious analog can be downloaded into a biological or nanotechnological body to provide life experiences comparable to those of a typically birthed human.
We call this event Transferred Consciousness (TC). If even the first part of the two Terasem Hypotheses is shown to be true, the conscious analogs will be independent persons with rights and obligations dependent upon their capabilities.
What’s it like to be a Transbeman?
News and Events
- Bina48 featured in new book of “Humanoid” photography (3/29/2017) - NYT Photography: “One of the most amazing parts of Mr. Aguilera-Hellweg’s book comes at the end, where he has pictures of Bina48, a geminoid bust made by Martine Rothblatt to resemble her spouse, Bina Rothblatt, who spent 20 hours recording her life history. Those recordings were programmed into the machine, along with other algorithms, to create […]
- Bina48 Featured on Bloomberg Business (2/12/2015) - Bin48 was featured on Bloomberg Business during an interview with Martine Rothblatt, inventor of the robot Bina48, about MindClones. Watch the interview below…
- Mindclones from Social Media: New Research from Stanford Suggests Feasibility (1/20/2015) - One of the more controversial ideas of transhumanism is the notion of mind uploading where the essence of a person, their mind, would be transferred to a computer. A related but less ambitious project is constructing a simulated “second self” or mindclone to continue your personality, work and relationships after death. Or perhaps just to […]